Mary Ann grew up outside of London in the Delaware and Mt. Brydges area. Mary Ann graduated from Western University, got married and moved to Toronto, where she spent 17 years raising her daughter and working in corporate management.
During that time, Mary Ann’s husband passed away, so she and her daughter decided to return home to London to begin again. She returned to school to earn her teaching certificate and teaches regularly within the French immersion schools in London. Her schedule keeps her focused-on parenting, working and contributing to the causes that she and her family care about.
Here is a summary of her current accomplishments:
- Camp Kee-Mo-Kee, Board Chair
- Spearheading inclusion of Indigenous & and LGBTQ2+ youth
- Raising over $1,000,000 in fundraising activities
- Leading a complete revitalization of the camp
- Environmental Stewardship Coalition, Founder
- Initiated advocacy group to promote and educate on Climate Change issues
- Advisory Committee on the Environment – City of London, Member
- Led the effort to ask the City Council to declare a climate emergency
- ReForest London, Thames Talbot Land Trust & Indwell
- Active contributor
- Green Party of Ontario & Canada
- Executive party member, and candidate for 2008 and 2011.
Why is MaryAnn running for the Green Party for London West?
"The Green Party represents a commitment to the Triple Bottom Line:
"That all decisions should measure the impact on People, the Planet and the Economy."
These are fundamental beliefs that I believe in. Therefore, I chose to serve as the Green Party candidate for London West. When you look at our platform, you will see that the Greens have the plan and the leadership we ALL need to Move Forward - TOGETHER”